I thoroughly enjoy reading about the experiences of other pilots. A great example of what I’m talking about is Jordan Bush of FStoppers’s recent post “DJI Phantom 5 Pro Quadcopter Wishlist of New Features” where he talks about not only he experience but how, based on this experience, he’d like to see the DJI Phantom line evolve.
I absolutely love flying my DJI Phantom 4 Pro. This is my first quadcopter, and from talking with other pilots, the Phantom 4 Pro clearly evolved from previous generations. I am continuously implementing my Phantom in my still photography work and by no means is this a desire for obsolescence. The Phantom 4 hasn’t been on the market that long and there are a ton of great accessories available that make it even better, too. This is part review of the Phantom 4 Pro and part feedback for what I hope inevitable future updates bring for so many pilots. While there is still time ahead of the next release, here is my wishlist for features that the Phantom 5 Pro might carry.
It’s a great article and it goes into length supporting a number of desired features. If you haven’t yet, I recommend you read it. For those with the short attention spans, here is the TL;DR:
- Dual MicroSD Memory Card Slots for Added Redundancy
- Backwards Compatible Batteries and Controller
- Improved Landing Gear and Waterproof Hull
- Maintain Image Sensor Size and Resolution (and continue working to improving low-light capability, sharpness, color accuracy, and dynamic range.)
- Red Gimbal Lock
- Panorama Photo Mode
- Vertical Anti-Collision Sensor
- Reduced Image Vignetting and Distortion
- Lens Correction Profiles for Capture One Pro 10
- Continued Parts Availability
- Voice Controlled Flight
What features would you like to see in the next generation DJI Phantom?